The Sealladh Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sealladh Alliance

TH€ HÿßÕRÎÅÑ ÃG£

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Callesto
The Crystal I_vote_lcapThe Crystal I_voting_barThe Crystal I_vote_rcap 
Psykhe
Faucon
Mani929
shemeitt
Simage
Snowfire
Majah
Nancy the fancy
Selona Deshret

The Crystal

Go down 
+2
Psykhe
Callesto
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Callesto

Callesto

The Crystal Empty
PostSubject: The Crystal   The Crystal Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 7:49 pm

As eveyone is aware of by now, all Sealladh wear and guard a small crystal - a piece of a much larger source of energy excavated from a ruined city of the Asurans. We use this crystal to hone in to one another, to contact each other and remain in touch through mountains, across seas, and past the most wooded jungles.

It is also said, however, that these crystals contain a magic far beyond what we understand. They must be protected, as if the wrong people find them, it could be disastrous. I will continue to search for more information and other uses for these crystals, but in the meantime guard them with your life.

-Cally
Back to top Go down
Callesto

Callesto

The Crystal Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crystal   The Crystal Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 10:24 pm

Bumping to the top as people have been asking too often about our crystals Smile This explains it better for new members.
Back to top Go down
Psykhe

The Crystal Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crystal   The Crystal Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:41 am

I saved you the trouble and just stickied it.
Back to top Go down
Mohigan

The Crystal Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crystal   The Crystal Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 4:01 pm

Is it possible to use this crystal to communicate our actions and feelings on a matter? I have found myself emoting action in guild chat and realize this may not work with this. Correct me or enlighten me as I do not want to intentionally go against the RP of it.

Mohigan
Back to top Go down
Yralin

Yralin

The Crystal Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crystal   The Crystal Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 4:55 pm

A good question, Mohigan. I second that. Do you have any input, Callesta? Psykhe?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/wahirsch
Mohigan

The Crystal Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crystal   The Crystal Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 7:02 pm

I was wondering if this is already the intent or if this is a possible explanation...the crystal has, as one of its powers, the ability to connect the minds of its wearers. Actions are preceded by thought so even if your smiling your mind is thinking of smiling which tells the muscles to smile. Rp wise a trained mind could then build walls or barriers acting as filters to prevent themselves from sharing too much information. This crystal seems like it originated or is fragments of a larger source so the idea of it linking the wearers makes total sense. It would also make sense that the wearer would with the continual keeping of it on his/her person would subconsciously learn how to use it and grow to a point where he would feel uncomfortable not having it near. Also prevents it from being more of a sci fi walky talky but keeping it in a magical mysterious realm.

Anyway, my 2 coppers and I will not be offended at all if I am way off base. I love having in character guild chat so whatever makes that happen is good with me.

From a practical standpoint magic items and such fits in Age of Conan yet enables communication over large areas of space. Not to mention even from your posting my HoX Shadrix would very much like to learn more of this crystal and its powers.
Back to top Go down
Simage

Simage

The Crystal Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crystal   The Crystal Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:14 pm

...could this crystal explain why we never truly die at the hands of our enemies? We are struck down only to return to life. Could it be acting like a "soul-stone" preserving our spirits and reforming our mortal bodies through some ancient Asurian magic...if this is the case my perspective on death and life will surely be altered. The color of the light that surrounds us when we rise again does seem similar to the color of the crystal we wear, of course this is from the meager perspective of a Cimmerian warrior.
Back to top Go down
Callesto

Callesto

The Crystal Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crystal   The Crystal Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 5:44 pm

Yes, we can sense emotions and feelings through the crystal just as we can sense who else around us is using them Smile

As for the immortality thing...I wouldn't say thatis the crystal's power, but it's up to you I guess. Personally I don't RP game mechanics, otherwise everyone in the world is immortal, no one ever truly dies, Strom is killed once every thirty-five seconds, and just about everyone you'll ever meet is capable of slaughtering entire nations singlehandedly. Razz
Back to top Go down
Simage

Simage

The Crystal Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crystal   The Crystal Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 5:46 pm

...good point, oh well. tongue
Back to top Go down
Mohigan

The Crystal Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crystal   The Crystal Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 9:49 pm

HA ....the awesome power of the Crystal!!!! Yep I see your point about the game mechanics. Well you answered my question well enough and that helps. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Ahnknepht.

Ahnknepht.

The Crystal Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crystal   The Crystal Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 4:34 pm

I'm using an RP device, that Nepht "feels" the lifeforce/souls of those wearing the crystals for the sole purpose of explaining how she identifies the "presence" of those she knows (...and notices those she doesn't)...she IS a growing Necro after-all, Is this ok? I hope so since the full power of the crystal is still a mystery and its nothing game changing. ;-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Crystal Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crystal   The Crystal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Crystal
Page 1 of 1