The Sealladh Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sealladh Alliance

TH€ HÿßÕRÎÅÑ ÃG£

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Callesto
The men behind the world we love. I_vote_lcapThe men behind the world we love. I_voting_barThe men behind the world we love. I_vote_rcap 
Psykhe
The men behind the world we love. I_vote_lcapThe men behind the world we love. I_voting_barThe men behind the world we love. I_vote_rcap 
Faucon
Mani929
shemeitt
Simage
Snowfire
Majah
Nancy the fancy
Selona Deshret

The men behind the world we love.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Simage

Simage

The men behind the world we love. Empty
PostSubject: The men behind the world we love.   The men behind the world we love. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 6:45 pm

Found this thought it might be of interest...

Robert E. Howard Wiki

...and our beloved sword swinging barbarian...

Conan Wiki

...the place our stories take place...

Hyborian Age Wiki

...enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Wulfgar

Wulfgar

The men behind the world we love. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The men behind the world we love.   The men behind the world we love. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 7:20 pm

Pretty much everthing I know about REH I learned from the introductions to his books. He lived a vicarious, though tragically short lived existence. Amazing to think that all he wrote about Conan he wrote in a short space of time in the last 3-4 years of his life.

The only other man who could have possibly carried the Conan torch further (he did write some Conan stories, too) would be Robert Jordan, but alas, he's gone now as well.

There was a movie made that was biographical of Howard - "The Whole Wide World". I haven't seen it yet, but I mean to when I come across it. Like many movies, it's probably not very accurate, but it would be interesting to see.
Back to top Go down

The men behind the world we love.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sealladh Alliance :: Roleplay Realm :: Lore-
Jump to: