The Sealladh Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sealladh Alliance

TH€ HÿßÕRÎÅÑ ÃG£

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Callesto
The Dragon Bound. I_vote_lcapThe Dragon Bound. I_voting_barThe Dragon Bound. I_vote_rcap 
Psykhe
The Dragon Bound. I_vote_lcapThe Dragon Bound. I_voting_barThe Dragon Bound. I_vote_rcap 
Faucon
Mani929
shemeitt
Simage
Snowfire
Majah
Nancy the fancy
Selona Deshret

The Dragon Bound.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Simage

Simage

The Dragon Bound. Empty
PostSubject: The Dragon Bound.   The Dragon Bound. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:48 pm

Simage stood at the very edge of the cliff, looking down into the valley below. She slipped the circlet off and let her hair fall from its usual pony-tail feeling the chill wind caress her face. She breathed in the scent of the mountains as "Wolfeye" and his men grumbled to each other about her. The sensation took her back to a place and time when she was happy and not alone in the world.

The wind shifted bringing the scent of destruction up from below causing her eyes to narrow and her jaw to clench tightly she looked up into the sky as she heard the croaking of a raven circling over head, "...the camp will burn and their warriors will drown in their own blood, I swear it by Crom".

None were left alive to tell of her passage through the Vanir encampment..."The Tyrant Slayer of Tortage"...The Cimmerian Raven had come home.

Last edited by Simage on Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:21 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Simage

Simage

The Dragon Bound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dragon Bound.   The Dragon Bound. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 6:09 pm

...she dropped to her knees, exhausted from the effort of trying to penetrate the "Sanctum of Burning Souls" interior...her swords slipping to the ground from hands too numb to hold them any more. She remembered being over-whelmed by the numbers of foes between her and her prey, she remembered the pain of their filthy claws and rusted weapons tearing into her body as she fell...the bright light that filled her as she breathed her last and then opening her eyes bathed in the blue-white light far from her enemies. She roared to the dark skies over head...

"WHY WON'T YOU LET ME DIE?!?!?!?"

...she knew that the mark that Toth-Amon had placed on her had something to do with it...for a Cimmerian like Simage, crushing your foes...leaving them broken in your wake or dying in the heat of battle without fear of death would grant her passage to the halls of Valhalla. With every "death" she could see the halls before her, hear the songs of her ancestors and every time she was pulled away...back to the world of the living, she screamed her defiance. Inevitably, she opened her eyes to once again walk the world of living, mortal men...

...the small crystal she wore shimmered and the words of some of her "guild-mates" filled her head...something she was still getting used to...

"...can you come outside? We're waiting for you, we came to help you."

...she grabbed up her swords in weary hands and rose from her knees, stretching a bit she craned her neck hearing several pops betraying the pounding her body had taken for someone so young. Pushing the great doors of the crypt open she looked into the faces of people she had begun to know as friends, her blue eyes immediately shining brighter as a wolfish smile settled on her face...joining them where they stood she greeted each warmly. The six strode toward the doors that lead to where the demon bitch that Simage had tracked from Stygia to Tartantia and finally here was hding...NOW the hunt could end.

((based on the actual events of my first attempt on "The Sanctum of Burning Souls", thanks for all of the help with the quest guys!))

Last edited by Simage on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Simage

Simage

The Dragon Bound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dragon Bound.   The Dragon Bound. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:53 pm

..the bodies of the Vanir lay broken on the frozen ground...so hard that the blood ran in streams to mingle together in puddles rather than soaking into it. Blood and gore spattered her face and body, some hers...most theirs. Her heavy breathing creating a plume of steam like dragon's breath, in contrast to the almost demonic aura created by the heat of her exposed skin.

Her ears picked up the sound of the Yimir leader's heavy footsteps...she remembered her father telling her that the Vanir were decended from Yimir and they in turn were decended from giants, she chided herself for letting her mind wander as she was snapped back to reality by the deep roar of the half-giants rage at seeing his men dead as she crouched near one of their tents, waiting for the moment to strike...

"You should not have left that scout alive, befdore I crushed his throat for surviving he told us that a Cimmerian she-devil bearing "The Raven" was coming. I CAN SMELL YOU SHE-BITCH...I WON'T KILL YOU, I WILL BREAK YOU AND TAKE YOU AS MY WHORE!"

...his laugh at his own jest sent a momentary shiver through Simage's blood, she had heard tales from old warriors about what happens to women taken by the Yimirish giants...death would be merciful. She cracked her neck and stood from her concealment, walking out into the open so the pale giant could easily see her and she him...

"You do not have to yell dog...I can hear you just fine, or were you trying to woo me into submission?"

...the giant roared with laughter at her...

"By the mark on your face you must be her, you're smaller than I would have expected...even for a Cimmerian woman. You wouldn't even last a night, I would split your belly open before I filled you with my..."

...his words were cut off by the "hiss-ring" of Simage's blades sliding from their sheathes to glint in the cold sunlight as a vicious smile settled on her face...

"Less bragging son of a whore...you want me, come take me...IF you can."

...the Yimirish giant raised his large axe and charged forward with a roar, Simage responded in kind.

Last edited by Simage on Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wulfgar

Wulfgar

The Dragon Bound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dragon Bound.   The Dragon Bound. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 9:52 pm

Great storyline! I don't want to break your momentum up too much here, just to say enjoying the read! Interesting incorporation of the game mechanics and guild into the story; that's something I usually have trouble doing because of my writing style, but I'm trying to keep a sort of log of adventures like this. It's hard sometimes to keep track of details, who was present, etc. but I've found screenies help (thank you F11), although I didn't think of using them till recently.
Back to top Go down
Simage

Simage

The Dragon Bound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dragon Bound.   The Dragon Bound. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 10:58 pm

...the arrow ( one of several) struck hard and deep into her thigh, hard enough that she lost her footing on the rain slick stone causing her to fall down the steep slope of the rise. As she tumbled down every arrow that had stuck scraped against the hard rock face...she would have screamed if she had the strength to.

Simage hit the icy water and stone covered bank hard, the impact and icy sting of the near frozen water driving the air from her lungs like a massive cough...fortune would have it she had landed on her back...at least she wouldn't drown. Looking up at those that had attacked her as they looked down on her half in and half out of the stream, she waited for the final blow that would finish her hoping THIS time would be the last death...it never came. There was the sound of brief battle from above and the screams of dying men mixed with the roar of some great beast...a tiger perhaps. Her vision began to blur as blood loss started taking its toll on her. She heard a faint man's voice calling to her...

...simage...

...she tried to answer, but could not find her voice...

...simage...

...she fought to open her eyes, but they would not...

Suddenly the eyeless, gaunt, gray face of her father appeared in front of her...

...RAVEN!

...she open her eyes with a start taking in a painful breath as if it were her first ever. She was in a tent, her wounds cleaned and bound...herbs applied to speed their healing and prevent infection. Outside she could hear voices, Cimmerian voices...she forced herself to sit up grimacing at the pain, but not making a sound that might give away that she felt any pain at all. Slowly she made her way out of the tent to be greeted by the stares of those that held the camp closest to the border of the Lanisch Plains, the leader spoke to her...

"Still breathing I see."

...she said nothing. Only looked at him from behind her heavy lidded eyes.

"...you wandered into camp looking like you had walked from hell..." the man gestured to a woman that stood near by, ...be glad our healer recognized you, even through all the mud and blood. She cleaned you up and tended to you".

"...how long."

"How long have you been unconscious? You've been here almost three days now...we weren't sure if you were going to make it or not".

"...three...days?"

...the leader nodded, "I had the damage to your mail mended and your weapons cleaned and oiled".

"...my thanks."

...he chuckled, "Its the least we could do considering what you've done for us recently".

Last edited by Simage on Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Simage

Simage

The Dragon Bound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dragon Bound.   The Dragon Bound. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 3:45 pm

...Simage looked up at Ariacan, "You no longer wear the crystal of Sealladh"?

"...I have no need of it".

A confused look settled on her face, she wanted to ask why...but thought better of it, "You're angry...I can feel it".

"...I'm tired".

"Then perhaps you should get some rest"?

"Pah...I'm no weak babe".

"...thats...not what I meant and you know it. What did I do to deserve a cold shoulder"?

Voices from the glowing crystal started to fill her head...she forced them back into silence as she had been shown to. "I need another drink", she rose and walked away from the brooding Cimmerian toward the bar where Netts was serving as usual...

"Do you need another"?

...Simage nodded silenlty and took the mug that was slid across the bar to her. She walked up the sloping ramp that lead to higher levels in the Den's interior until she had once again drained the mug dry as she tried to sort the confused emotions she was feeling out in her head. She passed the bar again dropping the off the empty mug to Netts and retrieved the sword belt she had asked the other barkeep to hold there.

She walked toward the exit of the Den seeing Typhanee when she looked up just before walking into her, "I have to leave...I need to be alone for a bit". Typhanee smiled at her and bowed slightly, "We'll see you later Simage". The Cimmerian woman nodded her head and left the Den, heading for the docks where the Stygian Captain stood inspecting her usual load of cargo looking at the warrior as Simage approached, "I need passage to Khemi".

The Captain looked her over and then nodded her agreement, "I could use another hand for the trip and you look strong enough, climb aboard and we'll leave with the tide". Simage lead her horse (Kalafax) aboard and joined the crew in preparations to depart for Stygia...away from the thoughts that troubled her mind...

((Taken from RP in the Sailor's Den last night 8/14))

Last edited by Simage on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Simage

Simage

The Dragon Bound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dragon Bound.   The Dragon Bound. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 5:34 pm

...the ship slowly rocked with the waves as a warm salty breeze tossed her hair a bit, Simage closed her eyes letting the motion lull her into a state of calm she had missed for some time since her return to familiar lands. Slowly her thoughts turned to recent events as she muttered to herself involuntarily...

"...you are the raven Simage, the raven is fated to forever be alone."

...her mind drifted back to a time when her father (Bron) was teaching her to wield a sword. She was growing frustrated because he countered every attack she made and had endured a multitude of smacks on the rear (which by now was very sore) from the stick her father held...

"ITS HOPLESS!", she complained as she dropped her improvised sword to the ground "I'll never get through your defense father." Bron looked at her sternly (a gaze that she thought could boil water) making no effort to mask his displeasure, "...pick up your sword Sim."

"...yes father.", she obediently picked the stick off of the ground as Bron struck her hard on the arm causing her to recoil and rub the spot he hit. "That was for dropping your sword and acting like a stupid girl...now, defend yourself." He came at her again feinting a high attack to open her defenses and suddenly switching to a low strike across her thigh causing her no small amount of discomfort and raising a red welt on her skin. After several other failed attempts to block his attacks, Simage fell to her knees crying, "...Father...you're too strong...I can't...". Her father crouched in front of her his eyes hard like a disappointed mentor, but the gentle touch of his rough hand to her chin as he lifted her face to look at him and the tone of his voice betrayed his inner feelings for his daughter to her, "You're Cimmerian...Cimmerians don't cry my little raven."

She wiped her eyes and fought back her tears, "...yes Father." She stood as he guided her to her feet and spoke to her again, "Now, I want you understand why you MUST learn the discipline of the sword..." he drew his sword and held it between them so she could see it clearly "...understand the riddle of steel."

The flapping of wings drew their attention as a raven settled onto a near by branch croaking hoarsely as if chiding the girl standing below it. Her Father continued, "No one...no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, no beasts of burden..." he handed the sword to her, its weight settling in her small hands as she held it in both of them "...this is all you can trust in this world." Above them the raven croaked as if in agreement with her Father's words. She looked up at him and nodded, "I understand Father...I'll do better." Bron grunted with a nod and took the sword from her, "You are my daughter Simage, my little raven...now go help your Mother get supper ready." he mussed her hair and gave her a gentle boot to the rear as she turned and ran off to obey him.

The raven croaked again and Bron looked up into the tree, "She will learn, grow stronger, faster...she has to if she is to weather the gathering storm before her."

The raven croaked again flapping its wings and settling on the ground near Bron's feet as if watching the girl run off...

Simage opened her eyes looking out into the vast sea that surrounded the ship as a slightly girlish smile settled on her face, "...I understand now Father."
Back to top Go down
Simage

Simage

The Dragon Bound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dragon Bound.   The Dragon Bound. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 4:08 pm

...he stood tall and well muscled, the throne had done nothing to soften his frame or dim the fire that burned in his eyes. Simage bent on one knee before the self made monarch...

"You sent for me Conan King?"

...he looked down at the kneeling woman, sizing her up to the stories that had gotten back to him...

"I have, word of your exploits has reached even my ears...Raven of the North, we have much to talk about...rise, its not fitting for a Cimmerian such as you to be on their knees."

...she stood to her full height, which did little to match the black maned giant that was the King of Aquilonia that dwarfed her in size. Now, she in turn sized him up as he had done her a short time before...

"If I may great King...I thought you'd be taller."

...his roaring laughter filled the hall as its echoed about the high ceiling of the throne room...

"Taller... Ha! Pallentides was more accurate in describing you than I thought...you ARE a fiery one! I've been told you hold allegiance to no King...why did you answer my summons to come here?"

...she regarded him again locking her icy blue eyes onto his...

"If I were to have a King...you would be that King and I would never refuse an offer to drink mightily or break bread with you."

...again his laughter echoed through the hall's interior, she joined him in his laughter...

"Spoken like a true Cimmerian lass!"

...as their laughter slowly abated her face grew serious once again...

"What would you have of me?"

...the weight of her words was not lost on the King, who nodded his acceptance of her unspoken allegiance...

"There have been several attempts on my life by assassins from Khati, the dogs took their own lives rather than tell me who sent them. I have made many enemies there...and a few allies, I would have you seek both out."

...Simage raised an eyebrow, the only thing that could have betrayed the thoughts behind her icy calm exterior...

"It will be done. I will depart at once, unless theres anything else you wish to speak of."

...the King crossed his arms across his massive chest...

"There is...there is something you must do for me before you head to Khati. I wish to count you among my Black Dragons."

...her eyebrows raised as her eyes grew wide in surprise...

"Me...a...Black Dragon?"

...he regarded her one again, amused by the sudden change in her demeanor from hardened warrior to stunned, breathless girl...again he burst into raucous mirth and laughter at her reaction...

"Crom's beard woman...I'm asking you to fight for me, not take to my bed chamber!"

...she looked at him with the flush of red still resting on her face...

"That would have been less of a surprise given the tales of your "conquests".

...the mighty King of Aquilonia roared loudly once again, then grew grim as he laid out his newest agent's task...

"As your first task in my name Red Raven among the Black Dragons... I would have you travel to Atzel's Approach, bring me their insignia as proof that they fell at your feet."

...with a nod from the King, she turned on her heels heading for the tall doors leading out as he called out a final instruction to her...

"Give my regards to your guild brothers and sisters of Sealladh, Raven of the North."

"I will...my King."

Back to top Go down
Simage

Simage

The Dragon Bound. Empty
PostSubject: In the name of the King.   The Dragon Bound. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 5:01 pm

Simage fell to her knees, the frigid cold of the snow and ice biting into her skin. She had fought and sneaked her way up the mountain path to the summit, leaving broken Ymirish and Frost Giant bodies behind her when she had to. Her arms ached and her lungs burned with every ragged breath she took in the thin air...thinner than even she was used to in her homeland. She considered the words she shared with the King as she knelt in the snow...

"...and how fares the Queen"?

"She is safe from my enemies and not within the castle walls, why do you ask"?

"...only to serve the throne well and she IS the Queen. Perhaps I'll be able to meet her some day".

"Indeed you shall soon, I do not like being so long away from her".

...he fights for love, he fights for her., she thought...I fight for him, for the love of my King, my brothers and sisters and the Dragon.

She rose to her feet, her breathing started to slow enough that she decided to eat something, trying to replace the strength she had used getting up to this point in her journey. She reflected back on the Frost Giant's Daughter that she had come across on the way here, a woman beautiful enough to stir desires that Simage had not known existed...she mused aloud at the thought, "...no wonder Conan chased you as you say he did." She sat on a bare rock outside of a small cave she discovered where she ate some of the cheese and dried fruit she had brought as provisions, washing them down with watered-down wine. She closed her eyes resting a little as she breathed in the mountain air feeling her strength slowly return to her. She stood and stretched her lean frame, the sun drew closer to the horizon...it was time to prepare for the frigid night.

She crept along the rocks...having left her Black Dragon armor behind in the cave, gathering wood from a few dead trees she had seen on her way up. She had counted on the giants being overly secure in their dominance of the peaks, so sure in fact that the sentry left to guard the path dozed leaning on his axe allowing her to quickly slip past him and return to her shelter with relative ease. She gathered rocks from within the cave, building them up into a curving "shield" to keep too much light and heat from escaping the caves entrance and give away her position to those that hunted her for killing their kin. She hoped that the spill she had taken over the ledge had convinced them that she had fallen to her death on the rocks below...however, she had been saved by a ledge barely big enough for her to catch and pull herself onto out of sight from above. She knew that Crom had put that ledge there ages ago, knowing she would be there at that precise time and needing a chance to save herself with the gifts he had given her at birth.

Her thoughts drifted to the constant companion she had left at the foot of the mountain, wondering if Snarl (her Hyena companion since she was in Khemi) was fairing well enough while he waited for her...surely he was getting fat on rabbits and the like. She started a small fire and chuckled softly at the image she saw of a bloated Snarl on his back, tongue hanging out, belching and hiccuping unable to move due to his extended belly. She rolled out the bedroll that she had brought with her and sat tending the fire with a blanket wrapped around her considering the foe she would soon be facing...The Son of Ymir.
Back to top Go down
Simage

Simage

The Dragon Bound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dragon Bound.   The Dragon Bound. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:29 pm

...the dragon (Visitrix) lay dead, the smell of the beasts sulfurous breath hung heavily in the air as Simage looked at those that had joined her in the pitched battle. Lopping the head ( as big as a man was tall) free from the neck the group rolled it onto a tarp and dragged it to the entrance of the lair and a waiting wagon to transport it to Aquilonia and the court of the King.

...she thanked those involved with handshakes and hugs for helping her bring the beast low, making sure that the loot gained in the venture satisfied those involved. She took none for herself, her treasure awaited her in the castle of Conan the First...the King she chose to serve. After saying her farewells to allies and her guild-kin she headed the cart toward the border of Atzels approach stopping only once to talk to the old man Kurtz, giving him the information he sought about the ancient inscriptions she found in the lair...

...at the doors of the castle the dragon's head was transferred to a palate born by several strong men. They followed her through the gallery, she did her best not to pay attention to the wide eyed stares and gasps of those gathered in the main hall. She couldn't help but stand a little taller than normal, with her shoulders squared and each step deliberate toward the throne-room of the King...

...Pallentine smiled broadly as Simage approached, he looked at the severed head of Visitrix with a whistle, "Girl, my men won't be able to protect the kingdom if you keep giving them reason to lift drinks to your name. First the cure for the poison, the slaying of the traitor Magnus, the capture of Atzel's plans and now THIS"! Simage couldn't hide her girlish grin, something that came rarely in recent times...

...she stood before the King, the head of the beast between them as testament of the deed, "CROM'S BONES...the beast is truly dead". He regarded Simage with a broad smile of satisfaction, "You are most worthy to wear the mantle of my elite Black Dragons...there will be no ceremony, no kneeling...you kneel before NO MAN Dragon Slayer, even the King of Aquilonia"! Simage fought hard to hold her composure as the words left the King's lips, "You will be equipped from the Royal Armory, and bear the colors of a Black Dragon". With a nod he signaled an attendant to place the cloak signifying her status on her shoulders, she fought vainly to hold back tears thinking them to show weakness. The King let out a hearty laugh, "HA! Don't fear crying girl...many men didn't hold up as well as you did when they gained the title"! In a burst of emotion she rushed to the King hugging him tightly as tears ran freely down her face, "...thank you". The King's loud laughter filled her ears as he returned her embrace with arms that seemed to be made of steel bands. She backed away wiping the wetness from her face as a blush reddened her cheeks, "Apologies my King...it was not my place". He dismissed her apology with the wave of his hand, "No apology needed lass...you've earned my trust and friendship". She nodded her head at the King's words, "I must go to follow my destiny my Lord, where ever it leads me...Toth-Amon waits". Conan regarded her with his steely eyes and nodded his head, "Go...seek the black hearted, Stygian snake lover and your destiny. I'll call on you when the need arises"...
Back to top Go down
Simage

Simage

The Dragon Bound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dragon Bound.   The Dragon Bound. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 3:26 pm

...behind them lay the burning and devastated Cimmerian stronghold, somehow holding fast despite the soft spine of its chieftan....

...from beneath her Nemedian style helmet, Simage's ice blue eyes burned as if they illuminated the darkness under the helm..her black dragon armor glittered in the cold light as a chill breeze fluttered the cloak of her station behind her.

Her horse stamped nervously on the ground, the smell of smoke and death hanging heavily in the air. The bodies of Cimmerian warriors hung from every tree limb that would hold them, her jaw clenched tighter and tighter as her anger grew...

"Do these Vanir whore-sons never tire of this?"

...the voice of one of those sent with her, from Aquilonia with the blessing of the King (Conan I) fractured her thoughts...

"My Captain, the men are ready and await your orders.", she turned her horse broadside to the modest formation of cavalry and infantry to address them...

"Warriors of Aquilonia, THIS is my homeland...THIS is what the Vanir have visited on Cimmeria, the birth land of our King while Nemedian cur were striking at Aquilonia herself...no man, woman or child spared from the terror you now see..."

...murmurs and angry grumbles for revenge and justice softly rose from the assembled soldiers as she continued...

"...and THIS is what we are here to correct...by our blood, our steel, and our courage...I won't lie to you, we are outnumbered many to one...and our odds of success are slim at best, but know this...What we do in life echos through eternity...Crom's eye is on us this day and I have no plan to die while he watches..."

...in the distance a large group of Vanir could be seen forming near the river making ready to receive Simage and her band of soldiers. Their mocking and taunts echoing along the valley wall. The Cimmerian born Black Dragon of Aquilonia gestured toward the howling mob of Vanir...

"...do you hear that? I think they want to surrender already..."

...a loud roar of laughter rose from her men, echoing down the valley back to those that mocked them. Turning her horse to face the forming and advancing line of Vanir she drew the great blade from across her back, raising it into the air as she muttered to the roughly armored Cimmerian warrior-woman next to her...

"...I keep my promises Grissam."

...her voice rose above all other sounds like the roar of the dragon Vistrix itself...

"WITH ME!!!!!!!!"

...the Aquilonian soldiers charged with her at the gathered enemy; adding their battle-cry to her own, A sound that shook the grim grey stone of Conell's Valley. By Crom as her witness she would teach these invaders of her homeland the meaning of fear.

(ooc: to support this RP storyline I took Simage from Conell's valley to the gates of FotD one night, killing every Vanir and Ymir I could find.)
Back to top Go down
Simage

Simage

The Dragon Bound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dragon Bound.   The Dragon Bound. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:16 pm

...she stood across the arena from Apachae who zeroed his eyes on her like a wild animal watching its prey. Glancing to her left Tokimi had agreed to stand in witness to this final conflict between the She-Dragon and this Savage Beast. Simage drew in a deep slow breath to calm her nerves. She hated the fact that she stood ready to do battle against another member of Sealladh (Shay-La), but what she wanted was of little concern now...they were here and one of them would fall tonight. Apachae suprised her with an attack to her right flank, her sword barely able to deflect the blow which made her stagger across the arena...he is so powerful, she thought...

...again and again he came at her like a wild beast, his strikes hailing down against her guard almost non-stop pushing the back edge of her blade closer and closer as her defenses and strength slowly wore away. She fought to keep her own rage in check trying to out think her opponent. Back and forth, the advantage swayed between them neither gaining an actual edge over the other, Apachae being the physically stronger and larger verses Simage's agility and natural speed...

...a barely deflected blow from Apachae's sword bounced off her shoulder armor landing flat blade against the side of Simage's head causing her to see a burst of colors and her ears to ring. Dropping to one knee she instinctively raised her blade to protect herself from another attack. She didn't wait long, the savage warrior drove into her defense without mercy, every motion she made was one of pure instinct and training as her reeling thoughts flashed old memories...

...Bron looked at her sternly (a gaze that she thought could boil water) making no effort to mask his displeasure, "...pick up your sword Sim."

"...yes Father." She stood as he guided her to her feet and spoke to her again, "Now, I want you understand why you MUST learn the discipline of the sword..." he drew his sword and held it between them so she could see it clearly "...understand the riddle of steel."

..."No one...no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, no beasts of burden..." he handed the sword to her, its weight settling in her small hands as she held it in both of them "...this is all you can trust in this world."

...still barely defending herself from Apachae's vicious assault, she fought to bring her thoughts back into the fight...

..."You should not have left that scout alive, before I crushed his throat for surviving he told us that a Cimmerian she-devil bearing "The Raven" was coming. I CAN SMELL YOU SHE-BITCH...I WON'T KILL YOU, I WILL BREAK YOU AND TAKE YOU AS MY WHORE!"

..."By the mark on your face you must be her, you're smaller than I would have expected...even for a Cimmerian woman. You wouldn't even last a night, I would split your belly open before I filled you with my..."

..."You are most worthy to wear the mantle of my elite Black Dragons...there will be no ceremony, no kneeling...you kneel before NO MAN Dragon Slayer, even the King of Aquilonia"!

...Springing to her feet, she roared out in defiance letting the Cimmerian take over...the barbarian conqueror that had always been there, would always be there...in a burst of rage she shouldered into her attacker, staggering Apachea with the ferocity of her attack, blow after blow fell...the sound of ringing steel countered only by Simage's scream of rage and fury...

...the red rage that filled her eyes slowly faded, the man that had challenged her slowly rose to his knees before her and spoke,"...finish it". She bared her teeth with a roar and brought her blade down with all of her anger and strength...stopping just as the edge cut into the soft skin of Apachae's neck drawing a thin line of blood on the weapon's razor sharp edge. She stood there, eyes wide with the battle-madness, her breath sending droplets of spit through her clenched teeth...

...Simage threw her sword aside the sound of it hitting the floor filled the arena, "No...I'm nothing like you, I am a Black Dragon...I am the raven of Cimmeria...I am a human being, not a wild animal. I won you lost...it ends here and now". She retrieved he weapon from the floor, sheathing once again across her back and slowly walked from the arena. Reaching the door she looked back over her shoulder at her defeated opponent, "Why me"?

"You look so much like her."

"...your wife?"

"Yes."

"...I'm not her, shes dead."

"You've defeated the rage that was consuming me...I understand now."

"...she would be proud of you."

"How do you know that?"

"I don't know how I know...I just do."

"...tell me how Simage."

"...legends say that a raven sits at the right hand of Crom in his mountain. Ravens are the keepers of the dead are they not?"

"...forgive me."

"...no."

...Simage looked back to the exit and left holding her silence against further questions.

(OOC: Based on actual RP)

Back to top Go down
Simage

Simage

The Dragon Bound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dragon Bound.   The Dragon Bound. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 6:02 pm

Simage stood shifting her feet back and forth nervously, her mouth grew dry and she constantly ran her hands along the length of her gown to smooth wrinkles that were only perceived to exist. The polished chest-plate and bracers she wore reflected the flickering lamps in the room like a mirror. She tightened and loosened her grip on the hilt of the fine, shining sword hanging from her hip...

Several of the younger priestesses at the temple of Mitra in Tarantia had helped her with the make-up that decorated her face...something she had no experience doing for herself, since it is of little importance to a soldier. Now, they fussed about her hair, having re-braided it and constantly brushed it smooth as she continued to fidget and fuss over the appearance of her armor and gown, in the mirror she traced her finger along the vicious scar that ran from the left corner of her mouth and down past her chin. A small pang of doubt stabbed into her heart...

The elder priestess of the temple entered the room taking note of the look in Simage's eyes that betrayed her calm, professional exterior...

"Let me have a look at you Captain."

...Sim turned to face the temple's Matriarch, squaring her shoulders and stiffening her spine, all but wiping all of the swirling emotions from her face. The Matriarch rested her hand on Sim's armored shoulder and smiled...

"You my child, look lovely...you will make a beautiful bride."

...unconsciously Sim reached to touch her wicked scar, the Priestess smiled warmly as she gently moved the warrior's hand away from her face...

"Oh now, don't you fuss over that my child...you look perfectly beautiful."

...the elder woman moved a single unruly bit of hair away from Simage's face...

"Now you go out there, look into the eyes of your love and think on nothing else."

...Sim nodded nervously and smiled, the sound of the chamber door opening catching her attention. She closed her eyes as the butterflies in her stomach fluttered madly inside her to the point that she thought she might be sick. A gentle hand in the small of her back guided her toward the door that opened into the sanctuary, at the door Simage took a deep breath and stepped through.

Aerynbear entered from the opposite side of the sanctuary, Sim's eyes met hers as they walked toward the altar and the waiting High-Priest. They met and stood beside each other as the Priest regarded them with a smile...

"Today is a glorious day for our humble temple, today we see love bloom in these times of darkness, may this union be made unbreakable by the gods standing in witness..."

...he lowered his hands with a nod to the pair, signaling them to continue. Sim and Aeryn turned to look into each others eyes, Simage smiled and began as she slipped a gold and diamond band on her love's finger...

"Aeryn, I will love you with all of my heart, all of the strength given to me by Crom. I will protect you with my steel, my blood and my life if needs be. My home and hearth are yours, all that I have belongs to you. I am yours...body, mind, and soul to do with as you will. Were I dead and you still struggling for life, I would return from Valhalla to fight at your side. With this oath I take you as my chosen, my wife...if you will have me."

...a tear welled in her eyes and slid down her face, following the scar that marred her smooth features. Aeryn smiled at her...

"Simage, I will love you with all of my heart for all time in this world and the next. I am yours to do with as you wish. All that I have is yours, all that I am is yours. I will be at your side always ready to protect you from all that threatens you no matter the cost. I will have you as my wife as you would have me, as long as you will have me."

...the Priest raised his hands above the newly bound lovers...

"By Mitra in witness of this union, I declare you bound in all ways and all things...let noting sunder this blessed union. Go forth...live as one and love as one my children."

...Simage and Aeryn stood looking blankly at the Priest, blinking several times. He regarded the couple with a chuckle and broad smile...

"Well? You're married...for the love of Mitra kiss!"

...Simage and Aeryn embraced each other in a passionate, lasting kiss; sealing their oaths to each other for all time.

(OOC: Based on actual RP)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Dragon Bound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dragon Bound.   The Dragon Bound. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Bound.
Page 1 of 1