The Sealladh Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sealladh Alliance

TH€ HÿßÕRÎÅÑ ÃG£

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Callesto
Neferptah - Introduction I_vote_lcapNeferptah - Introduction I_voting_barNeferptah - Introduction I_vote_rcap 
Psykhe
Neferptah - Introduction I_vote_lcapNeferptah - Introduction I_voting_barNeferptah - Introduction I_vote_rcap 
Faucon
Mani929
shemeitt
Simage
Snowfire
Majah
Nancy the fancy
Selona Deshret

Neferptah - Introduction

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Neferptah

Neferptah

Neferptah - Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Neferptah - Introduction   Neferptah - Introduction Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 6:58 pm

Name: Neferptah
Race: Stygian
Profession: Demonologist

My father was a Stygian, a sorcerer of some small ability; like so many he fell foul of the priests of Set. He fled north, to the meadowlands of Shem, settled in one of the city-states that dot that land, and after some years married a Shemite woman who in turn bore me. My father named me Neferptah after the Stygian god of wisdom and invention and my mother named me Belti-Tilati which is “My lady is my help” in the Shemite tongue. My mother died in childbirth a few years later and, heartbroken, my father took to drink and never re-married.

Ostensibly, my father was a scribe and a scholar of languages for the people of Shem think not fondly of any sorcerers but their own. He taught me first to read and write the tongues of Shem and Stygia and as I grew older he taught me his darker secrets.

My father died when I was twenty years of age. I had not married, for the Shemites disliked me for being half-Stygian and although a substantial dowry could have overcome such objections, my father was not a wealthy man. Thus, I sold what little property we had and set out for Stygia to further my training in the dark arts. The Stygians despise all other races, deeming them infidels and barbarian, but I was easily able to take my place there.

Thanks to my father’s training I was an excellent student and excelled in my studies. Then one day the baleful eye of Set turned upon me. There was a priest of Set, a vile and repulsive man, who informed me in no uncertain terms that I should become his concubine or have the honor of being sacrificed to the serpent god.

I chose neither. The priest died when his house was mysteriously burnt to the ground that night. By the time his body was found I had bribed my way upon a Zingaran ship and was safely at sea. Since that time I have wandered, seeking knowledge in the dark corners of the world, until my travels have brought me to Aquilonia.

((Thanks for the invite!))

Last edited by Neferptah on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yralin

Yralin

PostSubject: Re: Neferptah - Introduction   Neferptah - Introduction Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 8:11 pm

((Welcome to the guild! Are you new to AoC? Your back-story shows thought and linguistic ability, which is something that I respect highly in someone who role plays. I look forward to seeing you in-game!))
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/wahirsch
Neferptah

Neferptah

PostSubject: Re: Neferptah - Introduction   Neferptah - Introduction Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 9:27 pm

((

Thanks! I'm new to AoC (although I did do some testing back in beta) but I'm an old REH fan and a history geek. I've also been RPing and writing about it for the last five years or so.

))
Back to top Go down
Yralin

Yralin

PostSubject: Re: Neferptah - Introduction   Neferptah - Introduction Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 9:33 pm

((Awesome! Well it's great to have you on board, I hope your stay is pleasant and that you are able to enjoy the game as much as the rest of us. Very Happy))
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/wahirsch
Psykhe

PostSubject: Re: Neferptah - Introduction   Neferptah - Introduction Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:24 pm

(( Welcome to the guild and it's always great to have more Robert E. Howard fans around ^_^ ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neferptah - Introduction   Neferptah - Introduction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Neferptah - Introduction
Page 1 of 1