The Sealladh Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sealladh Alliance

TH€ HÿßÕRÎÅÑ ÃG£

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Callesto
Yralin Tarahol, Aquilonian Priest. ((Wordy O_O)) I_vote_lcapYralin Tarahol, Aquilonian Priest. ((Wordy O_O)) I_voting_barYralin Tarahol, Aquilonian Priest. ((Wordy O_O)) I_vote_rcap 
Psykhe
Yralin Tarahol, Aquilonian Priest. ((Wordy O_O)) I_vote_lcapYralin Tarahol, Aquilonian Priest. ((Wordy O_O)) I_voting_barYralin Tarahol, Aquilonian Priest. ((Wordy O_O)) I_vote_rcap 
Faucon
Mani929
shemeitt
Simage
Snowfire
Majah
Nancy the fancy
Selona Deshret

Yralin Tarahol, Aquilonian Priest. ((Wordy O_O))

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Yralin

Yralin

Yralin Tarahol, Aquilonian Priest. ((Wordy O_O)) Empty
PostSubject: Yralin Tarahol, Aquilonian Priest. ((Wordy O_O))   Yralin Tarahol, Aquilonian Priest. ((Wordy O_O)) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:12 pm

Name: Yralin Tarahol
Race: Aquilonian (Poitain province)
Class: Priest of Mitra
Background:

“Even on this, the blackest of jungle nights, Yralin’s eyes seemed to glow. Providing a stark contrast to his deeply tanned complexion and raven-colored hair, his eyes were aglow with the divine energies of Mitra.
‘Take them, Mitra, and smite their very being into oblivion!’ he bellowed.
The fast-closing Pictish savages raised their crude weapons and yelled as only such a primitive race could in the face of Mitra’s wrath… just in time for the concussion of holy energy to blast them from their feet. One lay motionless, his back contorted in such a way that made him more inanimate than otherwise. The other two lay stunned, briefly at least, some small distance away.
Yralin began chanting and gesturing with his hands, focusing the divine into a small orb of energy in front of him. As the first Pict stood Yralin guided the energy with blinding speed towards the unfocused enemy. The light entered the savage’s abdomen and for a brief moment he appeared to be horrified at the magic he had witnessed, or the implications thereof. That is, until he exploded in a spectacularly bloody fashion.
Focusing his gaze on the remaining Pict, Yralin raised his hand to the sky. His robes billowed and a gust of wind pushed back his hood to reveal the divine fury that surged within him.
‘In the name of Mitra you are condemned, savage. Flee now and do not return. My God may be merciful, but I have my limits.’

Yralin is an Aquilonian priest devoted to Mitra’s eternal service. He knows little of his past at this time, remembering only his devotion to his God and fleeting images of his life before being awakened on the shores of Tortage Island.
Ostensibly a helpful and cheerful person, there is an unintentional air of mystery about him (in all probability because he knows so little of his past). He currently resides on Tortage Island, seeking the story of his past as well as a way to escape from the accursed pirate haven.

((This description/thread will be used for the ongoing story of Yralin’s exploits in Hyboria [until I find another place to put them… if it gets too lengthy too fast I may move it to the RP/Storyline forum instead].

As for the man behind the character, my name is Alex. I am a 23 year-old writer and illustrator who works IT jobs because neither hobby seems to pay the rent, haha. I have a child on the way (Hurry up, January… I’m too excited to wait!), two pseudo-stepsons (it’s complicated), and an absolutely perfect woman who supports everything that I do (including my writing and roleplay, haha).

I have been roleplaying since… well since Ultima Online. It’s been almost 15 years since I first started playing fantasy MMOs, and I spent quite a bit of that time playing MUDs (Multi-User-Dungeons… text-based telnet RPGs). My imagination is rampant and my humor is a little off-putting, but I always mean well. I hope to make this guild a home for Yralin and a place to relax for myself, and I truly look forward to meeting everyone. If you have any questions or would like to RP any scenario I am always eager to participate if I am online.

Below is a picture of me taken by my photographer-girlfriend. I always think that it helps to have a face with the name. Very Happy))
Yralin Tarahol, Aquilonian Priest. ((Wordy O_O)) 21554310

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/wahirsch
Callesto

Callesto

PostSubject: Re: Yralin Tarahol, Aquilonian Priest. ((Wordy O_O))   Yralin Tarahol, Aquilonian Priest. ((Wordy O_O)) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 8:03 pm

Welcome to the guild and thank you for the read on your character Smile
Back to top Go down
Yralin

Yralin

PostSubject: Re: Yralin Tarahol, Aquilonian Priest. ((Wordy O_O))   Yralin Tarahol, Aquilonian Priest. ((Wordy O_O)) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 10:27 pm

Thank you for the invitation, Callesta. I was really hoping that when I got back into AoC there would be some RP opportunities. I had no idea that there was actually a fair-sized community. Is that just on Wiccana these days?
Back to top Go down
Psykhe

PostSubject: Re: Yralin Tarahol, Aquilonian Priest. ((Wordy O_O))   Yralin Tarahol, Aquilonian Priest. ((Wordy O_O)) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 12:18 am

Pretty much so Yralin. It used to be that Cimmeria was the official RP server and Wiccanna was the unofficial one. But once all the Tyranny kiddies started transfering over to Cimmeria and making it such a hostile enviroment most of the RP community left for Wiccanna.
Back to top Go down
Yralin

Yralin

PostSubject: Re: Yralin Tarahol, Aquilonian Priest. ((Wordy O_O))   Yralin Tarahol, Aquilonian Priest. ((Wordy O_O)) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 2:18 pm

I DO remember Cimmeria being the RP server when I was in Beta/right after release, I think. I struggled very hard to find any decent RP in AoC during those times (which, along with the bugs, probably is the reason that I dropped my subscription).

I do appreciate the resolve that this guild has, it's very nice to see such stalwart folks in an age where RP in MMOs seems to be dying altogether.
Back to top Go down
Wulfgar

Wulfgar

PostSubject: Re: Yralin Tarahol, Aquilonian Priest. ((Wordy O_O))   Yralin Tarahol, Aquilonian Priest. ((Wordy O_O)) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 9:58 pm

Great story; Yralin seems like a great guy to have your back! Kudos to playing a priest in a Conan mmo, especially (no one ever wants to be the cleric!) Closest to healer I've come was playing Minstrels in Lotro (Swissgarr Skwigelf and Glenn Danzigger) and loved it.

I too am an 'oldskool' RPGer. Started D&D in junior high and played some old Neverwinter Nights and Gemstone Dragonrealms (the MUDs), Everquest, then later DDO and LOTRO.

It really kills me to think of Role Playing as dying, but I have watched its decline in sadness and now there maybe some chance of it returning a bit... I see more D&D games going on at the Bookstores recently (even though it's 4th edition, bleh), so maybe there's hope. I get most of my "RPG" experience online these days, though, so hopefully we can all help revive it. It's one of the only forms of entertainment that can be a real creative outlet, so I think it's definitely worth saving!

Cheers, and hope to see you in game.
Back to top Go down
Yralin

Yralin

PostSubject: Re: Yralin Tarahol, Aquilonian Priest. ((Wordy O_O))   Yralin Tarahol, Aquilonian Priest. ((Wordy O_O)) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:25 pm

Thank you for the compliment, Wulfgar.

It's funny, I rarely (if ever) play healer classes. I had a brief stint in LOTRO where I RP'd a minstrel/pipeweed farmer, and I have sampled them in nearly every major MMO to date, but I simply haven't been able to get behind the archetype at all. For some reason AoC has been different. I am loving the pious (yet destructive) character that I am building so far.

I honestly hope that role playing sees a revival sometime. When I was younger our imagination was used all the time in games because we had less content fed to us with life-life graphics and spoon-delivered storylines. To this day, I treasure my first experience with Morrowind almost more than any other because of the endless RP material.

As for the rest of Yralin's story, I am keeping notes on his accomplishments and development as a character with the plan to post his "Journals" or a narrative of his journey from Tortage to the endgame content. I think that it could turn out to be a massive project featuring guild members, random players, and events from within the game, ensuring interest (and a lot of writing) in this character. Besides, if I keep with it I'll have something to read to the boys at night. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yralin Tarahol, Aquilonian Priest. ((Wordy O_O))   Yralin Tarahol, Aquilonian Priest. ((Wordy O_O)) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yralin Tarahol, Aquilonian Priest. ((Wordy O_O))
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sealladh Alliance :: Roleplay Realm :: Introduction and Bio Section-
Jump to: