The Sealladh Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sealladh Alliance

TH€ HÿßÕRÎÅÑ ÃG£

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Callesto
Riddles of the Sphinx I_vote_lcapRiddles of the Sphinx I_voting_barRiddles of the Sphinx I_vote_rcap 
Psykhe
Riddles of the Sphinx I_vote_lcapRiddles of the Sphinx I_voting_barRiddles of the Sphinx I_vote_rcap 
Faucon
Mani929
shemeitt
Simage
Snowfire
Majah
Nancy the fancy
Selona Deshret

Riddles of the Sphinx

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nancy the fancy

Riddles of the Sphinx Empty
PostSubject: Riddles of the Sphinx   Riddles of the Sphinx Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 12:37 am

In the eastern sands of Khopshef province in Stygia stands the great pyramids of Derketto. After the banishment of the demon Autum-Kheket, Derketto sent a guardian known as the Sphinx to protect the area and offer wisdom and advice to her followers. The Sphinx is a sly creature and has created a contest to amuse herself while passing time as a guardian. So she has created a riddle game. Anyone may come to the Sphinx and make an offering of materials to help reconstruct and expand the temple. The sphinx will then pose a riddle to the supplicant. If the supplicant can answer the riddle. The sphinx will reward the wise person with a token and a place of honor. After winning a contest, the supplicant has proven her wisdom and can offer additional materials to win great wealth and renown. The sphinx only takes petitions once each week and a person may petition the sphinx no more than three times per visit. She refers to this coyly as her "Three Strikes and Your Out" rule. No one seems to know what this means but then again she is an enigmatic creature. The riddles the sphinx poses can come from the past, present or future and she is a tricky creature. Do you have what it takes to match wits with this formidable creature?
Back to top Go down
Nancy the fancy

PostSubject: Re: Riddles of the Sphinx   Riddles of the Sphinx Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 12:44 am

Rules of the contest

1> Each applicant must donate 20 mats of one of the following materials to the Sphinx for each riddle it wishes for the sphinx to ask. (Basalt, Gold, Duskmetal, Oak, Yew or Granite. )

2> The first correct answer will net a reward of a single token. Token has not been determined yet. Tokens won will be kept track of. Trying to falsify tokens will only enrage the Sphinx and cause her to eat you!

3> After the first correct answer. A random award will be handed out. A blue weapon or armor, potions, silver coins, social clothing, food & drink or other items may be available.

4> Each solstice, the Spinx will honor one seasonal champion. That person will receive a special honor unique to the Selladh guild.

5> The mats the sphinx collects will be used to help fund construcion projects for our guild. All mats will be tallied and sent to Oduda.

Back to top Go down
Psykhe

PostSubject: Re: Riddles of the Sphinx   Riddles of the Sphinx Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 4:14 am

wow......just awesome.
Back to top Go down
Rylar

PostSubject: Re: Riddles of the Sphinx   Riddles of the Sphinx Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 6:38 am

Very cool! Can't wait to see this further.
Back to top Go down
Callesto

Callesto

PostSubject: Re: Riddles of the Sphinx   Riddles of the Sphinx Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 5:46 pm

Awesomeness, nancy, pure awesomeness. We should work on some dates/times.
Back to top Go down
shemeitt

PostSubject: Re: Riddles of the Sphinx   Riddles of the Sphinx Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 12:12 am

o.O me likey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riddles of the Sphinx   Riddles of the Sphinx Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Riddles of the Sphinx
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sealladh Alliance :: Roleplay Realm :: Guild Storylines and RP Concepts-
Jump to: