The Sealladh Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sealladh Alliance

TH€ HÿßÕRÎÅÑ ÃG£

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Callesto
Meeting of the minds I_vote_lcapMeeting of the minds I_voting_barMeeting of the minds I_vote_rcap 
Psykhe
Meeting of the minds I_vote_lcapMeeting of the minds I_voting_barMeeting of the minds I_vote_rcap 
Faucon
Mani929
shemeitt
Simage
Snowfire
Majah
Nancy the fancy
Selona Deshret

Meeting of the minds

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nancy the fancy

Meeting of the minds Empty
PostSubject: Meeting of the minds   Meeting of the minds Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 4:17 pm

King Conan, over the objections of his advisers, is creating a center of learning and debate in Old Tarantia. His purpose is to bring scholars, travelers and merchants from all over Hyboria to Old Tarantia to debate philosophy, religion and matters of the day. This will fund his great library called Palanthus which will store all the knowledge of Aquilonia and beyond so that the flame of knowledge will burn brightly through the future. The invitation will be sent out to all peoples. Aquillonians, Cimmerians, Khitians, Stygians, even Nemedians if they follow the rules are invited. The rules are quite simple.

1. Palanthus is neutral ground. No weapon may be lifted in anger or spell cast in hostility. Failure to abide by these rules may lead to banishment & confiscation of goods or death.
2. All weapons must be peace-bound. Peace binding is when a length of cord or silk is tied in a knot around the weapon so that it cannot be drawn and used without untying the weapon. Ammunition such as arrows or bolts may not be carried into Palanthas.
3. No goading of fellow scholars with the intent of disrupting debate at Palanthas will be tolerated. Dissent and debate are acceptable/ Purposefully trying to sabotage an event is not and will cause ejection and fine to the offender(s).
4. If by chance conflict occurs outside of Palanthas then the keepers of lore are not responsible. Violence is part of everyday life. Only the neutral grounds of the library and their immediate environs offer sanctuary.
5. The term scholar is loosely defined for our purposes here and does not mean academic knowledge. As long as anyone has relevant information on a topic he or she is welcome to participate in the discussion. Anyone who does not have information pertaining to a topic and trying to subvert a topic will be dealt with as if a violation to rule # 3 had occurred.

Last edited by Nancy the fancy on Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nancy the fancy

PostSubject: Topics of Discussion   Meeting of the minds Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 4:33 pm

Astrology - The study of the stars and what their alignment means to the fate of the world.

Biology - Categorizing information on animals, plants and the natural elements of the world.

Demonology - The study of naming and categorizing of the demons from the beyond. Discussion on summoning and protecting one's self from their diabolical
mechanations.

History - Any time period or event. The flooding of Atlantis, the fall of Acheron, the rise of King Conan and others.

Necromancy vs The Spirit World - Both Necromancers and shamans commune with spirits. Do they have methods or practices in common? Is the spirit world similar for the two or different?

The Art of Warfare - Combat styles and techniques. How is Hox fighting different from Barbarian Berserker or Conqueror Brute even though they all wield massive two-handed weapons. How did the varied martial techniques develop? Is one superior to the other?

The Artisans Touch - Discussions on various crafting recipes such as jewelry, clothing, weapons armor and alchemical recipes. New breakthroughs or in-sights.

Philosophy - Debates between schools of thought for Stoicism, Cynicism, Hedonism, Ecelectism, Sophism, Neoplatonism and many more.

Religious - Not limited to Set, Mitra, Crom or nature spirits but can encompass many more such as Ymir, Ishtar, Derketto, Dagon, Xotli and many more.
Back to top Go down
Callesto

Callesto

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the minds   Meeting of the minds Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 5:39 pm

((This is a great idea! Awesome job Nance. Let's work on a date and time))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the minds   Meeting of the minds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meeting of the minds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sealladh Alliance :: Roleplay Realm :: Guild Storylines and RP Concepts-
Jump to: