The Sealladh Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sealladh Alliance

TH€ HÿßÕRÎÅÑ ÃG£

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Callesto
A background of a family of friends I_vote_lcapA background of a family of friends I_voting_barA background of a family of friends I_vote_rcap 
Psykhe
A background of a family of friends I_vote_lcapA background of a family of friends I_voting_barA background of a family of friends I_vote_rcap 
Faucon
Mani929
shemeitt
Simage
Snowfire
Majah
Nancy the fancy
Selona Deshret

A background of a family of friends

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mcnammy

A background of a family of friends Empty
PostSubject: A background of a family of friends   A background of a family of friends Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 10:41 pm

There had been a trading voyage in this little fleet were three ships bound for Stygia two carrying precious materials for the bustling markets and the other was full of slaves. Sufia's father ran the fleets she had spent all her life on her father's ships, starting on the river styx where she was born on one of the boats. Now she was travelling with her older brother who had become a skilled captain she was 12 years old.
Pelopia was travelling with her father she was 14 and her father decided it was time to show her the arts of his craft he was a skilled diplomat and emmisary and was travelling to Styigia in one of the many failed attempts to organise some kind of communication with the Sygian lords.
Beibhinn was 12 years old also and was a slave on the third vessel she had been put to work in the ships galley as a few of the Styigian sailors had taken ill. Little Beibhinn didnt really know where she was from something she would learn however in later life.

The ships encountered a terrible storm and the ships struggled and lost course in the treacherous weather, the slave ship was the heaviest and sat lowest in the waves. When land was sighted it was unavoidable they knew that they were going to hit the rocks. They had no idea where they were and had lost all control of the vessels. the slave ship hit ground first the rocks tore the vessel almost in two. Beibhinn managed to leap onto a tied up canvass bag of grain as it bobbed up and down on the water and slipped her arm through the rope that held it together. smashing and crashing around the gods must have been smiling at her as the waves pushed her through the dangerous rocks that protected what she saw ahead of her, a beautiful island the sand in the distance reminded her of the sun, she held on and eventually Beibhinn and the grain washed up on the golden shores.
The second ship dissapeared from view of Sufia, the special passengers including Pelopia were secured below and she watched from the scant shelter of the mid decks her brother yelling out commands. He was a skilled captain. many sailors has washed overboard but somehow Sufia's brother managed to weave the ship around the rocks, but she had taken damage and was beginning to list. His only hope was to push the vessel on to the island he saw and run aground the vessel. He did so, all hope was lost for the vessel that had dissapeared from sight. In the end from all three vessels there were only 42 survivors.
they made good on what they had in the first year and used materials from the vessel to make small housing, the seeds were sown and small crops grew, and there was always the plentiful supply of fish.
Sufia and Pelopia became friends despite their beliefs and spent alot of time together they became friends with Beibhinn one day when Sufia was spear fishing and stepped on a strange animal on the sea floor that put spikes in her feet. Beibhinn dragged Sufia from the water what she did next she did on instinct pulling the spikes out she sucked on the wounds untill they bled dragging out the poison and spitting it into the sand. Sufia was badly hurt and spent the next two days in the deepest sleep. Beibhinn has suffered for her bravery and was vomiting and having fits for days.
Sufia's father being the owner of a large trading fleet had been searching for 3 years now he hadnt given up hope. eventually he found the Island and when he heard of Beibhinn's bravery he named her a forever cousin to his daughter.
In the years since the three remained friends, despite all the beliefs and fears isolation had brought them together, Sufia's father had established a new port of trade on Esyla Island and was slowly growing and prospering he built a home for Sufia a wonderous place with 20 rooms and a huge courtyard. From time to time she has been there with her friends and now considers it her real home.
Sufia is now 19 years old as is Beibhinn Pelopia is 21, together they have set out exploring and that is how their adventures began.

A background of a family of friends Hyboria
Back to top Go down
mcnammy

PostSubject: Re: A background of a family of friends   A background of a family of friends Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 1:19 pm

A background of a family of friends Sufia_picture001
Back to top Go down
Psykhe

PostSubject: Re: A background of a family of friends   A background of a family of friends Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 6:13 pm

Keeper of cute spiders?
Back to top Go down
Callesto

Callesto

PostSubject: Re: A background of a family of friends   A background of a family of friends Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 7:28 pm

Great in depth review of where everyone was born. Very creative! It's great to have you with us, for sure!
Back to top Go down
mcnammy

PostSubject: Re: A background of a family of friends   A background of a family of friends Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:52 pm

ty! Smile yeah the spider thing youll see in RP from time to time Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A background of a family of friends   A background of a family of friends Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A background of a family of friends
Page 1 of 1