The Sealladh Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sealladh Alliance

TH€ HÿßÕRÎÅÑ ÃG£

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Callesto
((RP Literature Rough Draft)) Essay On the Structure of the Order - by Magister Templi Frater Marinus I_vote_lcap((RP Literature Rough Draft)) Essay On the Structure of the Order - by Magister Templi Frater Marinus I_voting_bar((RP Literature Rough Draft)) Essay On the Structure of the Order - by Magister Templi Frater Marinus I_vote_rcap 
Psykhe
((RP Literature Rough Draft)) Essay On the Structure of the Order - by Magister Templi Frater Marinus I_vote_lcap((RP Literature Rough Draft)) Essay On the Structure of the Order - by Magister Templi Frater Marinus I_voting_bar((RP Literature Rough Draft)) Essay On the Structure of the Order - by Magister Templi Frater Marinus I_vote_rcap 
Faucon
Mani929
shemeitt
Simage
Snowfire
Majah
Nancy the fancy
Selona Deshret

((RP Literature Rough Draft)) Essay On the Structure of the Order - by Magister Templi Frater Marinus

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Athalwulf

((RP Literature Rough Draft)) Essay On the Structure of the Order - by Magister Templi Frater Marinus Empty
PostSubject: ((RP Literature Rough Draft)) Essay On the Structure of the Order - by Magister Templi Frater Marinus   ((RP Literature Rough Draft)) Essay On the Structure of the Order - by Magister Templi Frater Marinus Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 9:34 pm

Essay On the Structure of the Order

by

Magister Templi Frater Marinus

This essay is for the public. By the will of Set Teitan, may they see the Black Light. - Magister Templi Frater Marinus

I. The Inner Sanctum

. Magister Templi

The Magister Templi is the head of the Order of the Black Light. They speak with Set Teitan and pass his knowledge on to the Order. It is the Magister Templi's duty to obtain and maintain a perfect understanding of the cosmos and anti-cosmos, those of which are order and chaos. The Magister Templi is pre-eminently the Master of Mysticism, that is, his understanding is entirely free from internal contradiction or external obscurity; his word is to comprehend the existing universe in accordance with his own mind. It is also the Magister Templi's responsibility to uphold the values of the Order, and expel those who break them.

. The Magi

The Magi seek to attain wisdom above all else. The two Magi are the Magister Templi's left and right hand, and they are the most trusted members of the Order, both in knowledge and dedication. The Magi and the Magister Templi make all executive decisions within the Order, and are required to conduct rituals for the beings listed in On Gods and Demons of the Order as well as write their own literature for the Inner Sanctum, Outer Sanctum, and the public. The Magi and the Magister Templi are also allowed to have one Neophyte as an apprentice to the Order, but no more than one at a single time. Once the Neophyte becomes an Adeptus Minor, the Magi may take another apprentice.

II. Inner Sanctum

. Neophyte

These are public citizens that are interested in joining the Inner Sanctum. They are in apprenticeship to one of the three members of the Inner Sanctum. The public knowledge of the Order has been planted in these minds, and the members of the Inner Sanctum must cultivate the plant and set it in fertile ground to grow. It is a Neophyte's duty to acquire a general intellectual knowledge of the Order and its teachings through studying with their mentor and in their own time, and a collection of prescribed books will be given to them so that they may further their knowledge. When the Neophyte believes they are ready, they may request to perform an open book examination to test their reading. If they pass the examination, they will go through a ritual and will graduate to the rank of Adeptus Minor.

. Adeptus Minor

The Adeptus Minor is still a student above all else. They have now been given the privilege of being involved in the rituals of the Outer Sanctum. The Adeptus Minor is encouraged to continue their studies about the values of the Order if they wish to progress to a higher rank. It is the Adeptus Minor's duty to participate in at least three rituals before progessing. After an amount of time, and if their knowledge in the arcane arts is deemed great enough, they will be given an open book examination to progress to the rank of Adeptus Major.

. Adeptus Major

Becoming an Adeptus Major is an important event within the Order. They will be given access to a new set of books and writings as well as the ability to govern the Adeptus Minors within the Order. The Adeptus Major has the ability to issue orders to Adeptus Minors, as long as the orders are in compliance with the Order's values. It is the duty of the Adeptus Major to inform the Inner Sanctum when an Adeptus Minor is ready to progress to Adeptus Major. The Adeptus Major is required to participate in at least three Outer Sanctum rituals before they can progress within the Order. After an amount of time, the Adeptus Major must prepare and publish a thesis on the Order and their proposals for its welfare and progress. The Inner Sanctum will review the thesis, and decide if the Adeptus Major is ready to progress to Adeptus Exemptus.

. Adeptus Exemptus

Adeptus Exemptus is the highest rank a normal member of the Order can achieve. They are known as masters of knowledge and thought, and are highly respected among the lower ranks of the Order. The Adeptus Exemptus is allowed to lead their own rituals and command the lower ranks of the Order. They are allowed to write and publish their own essays for members within the Outer Sanctum. The Adeptus Exemptus is required to submit an essay to the Inner Sanctum on the dealings of the Outer Sanctum, and proposals for its welfare and progress.

III. Special Ranks

. Philosophus

The Philosophus is the head librarian of the Order. They are the keeper of tomes and knowledge, and have a fair understanding on the importance and teachings of each of the Order's writings. They are required to know the location of Inner Sanctum and Outer Sanctum books within the library. The Philosophus is the only member of the Outer Sanctum that has access to Inner Sanctum writings, and they are allowed to attend Inner Sanctum meetings for the purpose of documentation.
Back to top Go down

((RP Literature Rough Draft)) Essay On the Structure of the Order - by Magister Templi Frater Marinus
Page 1 of 1